Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Words of Safety

Just wanted to let all our readers know that my pal JW down in West Palm Beach is ok. As most of you know, Hurricane Wilma hit Florida stronger than expected at Category 3. It was also a big surprise that the west eyewall (typically regarded as the weaker side) was acutally much stronger than the initial, eastern one. He also commented that the 'freakishly large eye' was indeed rather spooky to see in person. He said he got some great pics of the eyewall and I'm sure once teh internets are restored down there, he'll throw those up to see.

From the numbers that I am seeing at work, there's less than 20 percent power restored down there, indeed he said that both his home and work were both out. The place he is staying down there (with friends) received some minor damage, nothing spectacular.

I read that cell phone service is about 80 percent restored down there, most of the internet providers are still down though, and plain old telephone service is spotty at best.

I've been getting pretty good information from the State of Florida EOC (which is a few minutes away from where I work) and the Palm Beach Post.

2 Comments:

Blogger Midnite Raven said...

The www.sun-sentinel.com is a good source as well...

October 26, 2005 9:14 AM  
Blogger J.Weston said...

I alive! Muhuhah

See you tomorrow night! :)

South Florida can suck my sweaty ****.......

October 27, 2005 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home